Today, during math class -right before homeroom- we were right about to take a quiz when the phone rang. My math teacher Mrs.Frignito picked up the phone and said "I'll send her down. We are have a quiz right now, so after that."I don't usually listen to those things but I was curious to see who "she" was. So after I handed my test in I looked around to see who left, I hadn't herd someone go out the door and everyone was there. I didn't pay much attention to it since it wasn't a big deal.
We are doing a canned food drive at the middle school. It is a contest, to see which class can bring in the most cans. My class won last year because of one girl. Lucky for my class this year that one girl is with me again. We went in the classroom for homeroom and saw a big cart in the back. Fifty-nine cans from her, sixty-six in all! As a student council rep I felt obliged to make an announcement to my homeroom telling them the number of cans and congratulating Irene (the girl who brought them in). Right before I did that the phone rang. Ms.Szkradnik answered it and told me to go to Dr.Geller's office. Dr.Geller is the 6th and 5th principal. Ms.Szkradnik told my I wasn't in trouble, but I was still worried.
When I got to Dr.Geller's office, two other 6th graders were there that I didn't know. Then, one I did know came in. We were guided to Dr.Geller's office by her secretary. In her office she asked us if we'd been good, and if we were getting good grades. We all said yes. Then, she asked us if we knew our community of caring values and if we could recite them. Caring, Family, Respect, Trust, and Responsibility, check. Then, she told us we were Students of the Month! I am so excited! Tomorrow I get my picture taken. They place the pictures in the Main Office. On Friday, my Mom goes to work in the school library, she signs in at the Main Office and will get to see it! I am proud of myself for getting this honor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats! Grandpa and I are very proud of you! Keep up the good work. Love you!
That is GREAT!!! I know it's a well deserved award, I know how hard you work! I am very proud of you! :) Keep up the great work!!!
Congratulations Eryn. Everyone is proud of you!
Uncle Bill
Post a Comment